I noticed that the author wrote this book coming from Hannah’s point of view most of the time, which was tapes that her victims listened to, telling why she committed suicide. The author also wrote from other people’s point of view who were listening to the tapes and what they were thinking while this happened. The author also describes the situation the people are in. I think that author wrote this was because they wanted people to know why Hannah committed suicide coming from her own words. This book really is a great book explaining our society, and how much words can hurt people.
A couple things surprised in this book but two things that stood out to me were the reasons she commited suicide because they were so little but they really affected her. Which surprised me because the little things can really hurt people. Another thing that surprised me was some of the things Hannah said, they creeped me out sometimes. One thing I liked about the book was just the constant wondering and questioning in my mind while I was reading of what would happen next to this poor girl. Another thing I liked was just the book overall and the back story. One thing I disliked was that it was about suicide, and I hate talking or thinking about this topic and it always makes me wonder why someone would bring themselves to do that.
The book taught me that you should be nice to people because you don’t know what else is going on in there life. It could be the smallest thing and it can still affect a person. This book really opened my eyes about how little things really can set people off and even if you don’t like this person, as hard as it is, you still should be nice to them because they never did anything to you. I think the theme is basically what I wrote above and that you should care for everyone and don’t make fun of people because you never know how they will take it.
While I was reading this book I was mostly sad because obviously it’s about suicide and I was mad at times because of what people said to her. There were parts that I was happy about because there were a few good parts when people were nice to her or there for her. This hasn’t been made into a movie but if it were I would definitely want to go see it. This was a really great book and I enjoyed reading it. It wasn’t the happiest book I’ve ever read but it made me realize you should always treat people nicely because you don’t know what else is going on in there life.
A couple of things that I’ve learned from reading her blog was that the main character’s feelings were different. In the blog she explained that the little things to her actually affected the character in the story way more eventually leading to suicide. I wanted to know the 13 reasons of why the main character wanted to commit suicide. One question that stuck with me was that she said that the main character in the book took things easily. I agree with what she said, you should always be careful and nice to whomever you're talking to.
ReplyDeleteIn your blog I learned that this book is about a girl who committed suicide. I found it interesting in your blog of how you explained your feelings in the book. Like how you were mad and sad at times. I would like to know more about the people that were nice to the girl. Who was mean to the girl? Who were the people she sent the tapes to?
ReplyDeleteI would for sure read this. I think that this book would be good for a lot of people because it is practically talking about why this girl did what she did and who caused this to happen. Do you think this would be a quick read or a long one? I think I am going to find this book and read it.
ReplyDelete