Hayden Wyrick
IRB response
I read the book called Mister Death’s Blue Eyed Girls By Mary Downing Hahn and it is about two teenage girls who are murdered on their last day of junior high school and it gives one of their friends Nora, a complete change in what her life used to be like her friendships, religion etc. Everything she used to care about doesn’t matter anymore. The whole town thinks it’s Buddy, one of the girls ex-boyfriend because he threatened to kill her many times. Nora thinks it is buddy also until later in the story when she finds Buddy innocent, and you’ll just have to read more to find out who actually committed the murder, and why Nora thinks he is innocent.
I noticed that the author got right to the main point of the story, which is the murder. And she also wrote about how it changed the lives of the people who knew them or were involved. She only had about three chapters just describing what was happening during and days before the murder of the two girls. I think the author wrote the story like this because she didn’t want to lose the readers attention, and she wanted to get right to the point. I think she also wrote like this because the murder was the most important point.
One thing that surprised me was obviously the murder and who the murder was because murder is overall a scary thing and how the girls were murdered was definitely unexpected. One thing that I liked about this book was that it was very suspenseful and it left you hanging, it definitely made me want to keep reading. ONe thing that I didn't like about was that it was scary at parts and for a few days I was a little paranoid that something may happen to me but of course nothing did.
This book taught me that you should always be on your guard and even though a lot of people say you should always walk with someone if you're walking a long distance, but obviously that didn’t matter in this story because both of them were murdered. I think that the theme of this story was that in life people go through things and struggle and it’s okay not to be okay but if you apply what happened to you it can really help you change your way of living and looking at life.
I’ve never had an experience like this one but I have had a few little things like people following me or maybe giving me a weird look that makes me feel uncomfortable. My question is if someone actually thought Buddy would go through with what he said, then would they have been more safe and prepared? I really liked this book because it was suspenseful and it made me want to keep reading, I also like scary things like this and it was definitely a book i would recommend if you like scary things like me. This has never been turned into a movie but if it was I think it would be a good one. One last thing about this book is it is a real life event that occurred in 1955 so if you like true stories this is also the book for you.
I learned about the book Mister Death’s Blue Eyed Girls By Mary Downing Hahn. It is about a 2 girls getting murder and one of their friends trying to find the killer her name is nora. What I found interesting is that Nora is the only person who doesn't think it is Buddy. I wanted to know more about who was the actual killer in this book. My questions are how did the 2 teenagers die was it a shooting are a car crash. I agree with the statements in the book because they are things in life that people tell you lies about. If you liked this book there's one called legend by marie lu and the story is a littler similar to this one about a boy name day and a girl named june.
ReplyDeleteyour blog is very good. I like how you went through everything very well without giving too much away. One thing that was a little wrong was your capitalization but other than that it was all well on how to shared your opinion on things
ReplyDelete